International Conference of Creative Future (ICCF’22)
As defined by UNESCO, Creative industries consist of the “cultural industries, which include publishing, music, cinema, crafts and design, continue to grow steadily apace and have a determinant role to play in the future of culture.” A report by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) 2015, confirms that the creative economy sectors of publishing, broadcasting, advertising, performing arts, crafts, and others considerably contribute to national GDP and wealth creation in both the formal and informal economies. In fact, reports UNESCO, the industries contribute around “3 percent of the global GDP.” The importance of creative industries is highlighted through the fact that the 74th United Nations General Assembly has announced 2021 as the International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.
However, it is also ironic that due to many economic recessions at global and local level, climate change, and more recently, the pandemic, has threatened many of these industries, and the communities and individuals associated with them. Through the International Conference of Creative Futures (ICCF’22) hosted by Manipal University Jaipur (focused on the following disciplines and their sub and allied disciplines – Applied Art & Design; Built Environment; Fashion & Textiles; and Spatial Design & Interior Environments), we hope to be able to imagine just, resilient, safe, inclusive and sustainable futures.
- Resilient, safe, inclusive, just, and sustainable futures of creative industries.
- Creative industries – traditional and modern.
- Reconceptualizing imagining futures in a post-pandemic world.
Conference Website: https://muj-iccf22.in/
All papers presented at the conference after peer review will be published in e-proceedings of conference with ISBN. Short listed papers may be published in the identified indexed journals with SCOPUS / Web of Science (as per the review process of journal). The conference committee is exploring the opportunities with publishers like Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Last date for submission of extended abstract: 15th November 2021
- Notification of acceptance of abstract: 22nd November 2021
- Last date for submission of full paper: 15th January 2022
- Acceptance of paper: 15th February 2022
- Submission of final paper: 30th March 2022
- Registration: 30th March 2022: 15th May 2022