REDEFINING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
The Manipal Education Group, with its heritage of excellence in higher education for over 60 years, launched Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) in 2011. MUJ was established on an invitation from the Government of Rajasthan and has been established by an Act (No. 21 of 2011) of State Legislature of Rajasthan as a State Private University as specified by UGC under section 22 of the UGC Act 1956.
The university has a total land area of 122 acres, with constructed area of 2.0 million sq. ft. located at Dehmi Kalan village 30kms from Jaipur off Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway.
MUJ has best in-class infrastructure, including the state-of-the-art research facilities and a modern digital library. As a multi-disciplinary University, MUJ offers career- oriented courses at UG, PG and Doctoral levels, across diverse streams. Currently more than 9100 students are enrolled across all programs. A well-qualified team of 485 faculty members is the asset of the University.
MUJ has won many Awards and Recognitions in a short span of time, like 2nd in 2017-18 and 5th in 2018-19 Swachhta Ranking awarded by MHRD, NIRF TOP 200 Universities GRIHA Five Star Award conferred by MNRE, Govt. of India, Digital India - Smart Campus Award given by NDTV-CISCO, Best University Campus Award conferred by ASSOCHAM, Outstanding Contribution to Digital India Award given by The Economics Times, Indo Global Architecture Education Excellence Award for promoting quality education in the field of Architecture by Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Week Ranking, Outlook ICARE Ranking, Industries and Agriculture Pune and Dewang Mehta National Education Award for Best B School 2015 awarded to TAPMI School of Business. The Institution's Innovation Council, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India has rated Manipal University Jaipur with 3.5 Star rating for promoting Innovation and Start Ups in Campus for the academic year 2019-2020. Manipal University - Academic Block 2, Jaipur has been awarded 'IGBC Performance Challenge 2020 for Green Built environment- Excellence Award' under the 'Educational Institute' category In IGBC Congress. The university also awared with Best University in Rajasthan Award 2020 in Eminent Engineers Award 2020 by Institution of Engineers (India), Rajasthan State Center, Jaipur.
MUJ has signed over 95 MOUs Academic Institutions & Industries to provide its students international exposure and job opportunities at global level.
The University has an Entrepreneurship Cell which provides support for start-ups. MUJ was awarded Atal Incubation Center in 2017 by MHRD in addition. The University has excellent track record of placements.
MUJ, a new generation University, is committed to nurturing talent and strengthening academics & research by adopting unique & innovative practices to continue to redefine academic excellence.
Promotion of Research and Facilities
Rapid growth in scientific knowledge is an indication of quest for innovations which has an impact on economic and societal development. Science, technology and innovation is often initiated in the university environment and it is also the mission of University. MUJ envisages process of convergence of traditional disciplines as key to accomplish previously unimaginable. With this foresight, MUJ has been promoting multidisciplinary research programme, focusing on basic and applied research, technology development and innovation. It is this vision that has helped the institute to do very well in all spheres of science, engineering and humanities and social sciences.
Research has always been an area of paramount importance to University. To this end, mentioned policies have been put in place to nurture, promote and elevate research activities and to create an enabling environment within MUJ in order to foster research culture.
- Faculty Award Incentives for Research
- Publication, Publication and Research Award
- Incentive for Students to Excel,
- Seed /Endowment grants for research quality enhancement,
- Dr. Ramdas Pai Scholarship for Ph.D. students
- Strong Institutional Linkages
- Visiting Scientist Fellowship
- Short term Research Fellowship
- Faculty Industry Immersion Fellowship
- Student Travel Grant for International Internships
Infrastructure and Learning Resources
- Entire campus Wi-Fi enabled
- Close to 2,15,395 sq. mt. of built up area
- 100 % class rooms ICT enabled
- Laboratories equipped with latest technology
- More than 7000 computers / laptops are available for students access along with supercomputing facility PARAM-SHAVAK
- Laboratories set up by collaborating with C-DAC, NVIDIA, CATIA, BOSCH, Siemens and Rexroth
- Language and media labs
Library as a Learning Resource
- 2319 sq. mt. area.
- Fully air-conditioned reading halls
- Library is fully automated
- Library with 14,700 titles, 57,800 volumes on all subjects, 220 national & international journals, 70 magazines, 17,800 e-journals, 2500 CDROMs and 470 e-books with expenditure on book and journals acquisition at Rs. 3.12 crores.
- Remote access for e-resources
- Academic autonomy driven by competent faculty members.
- Strategic approaches for curriculum upgradation with inputs from all the stakeholders.
- Excellent environment for fostering research among faculty and students through dedicated Directorate and appropriate endowment support.
- Strong support for research projects and consultancies with the state-of-the-art central analytical facilities, industry sponsored labs, internal and external fund provisions.
- Pan India faculty pool that exceeds more than half of the strength of Doctoral degree fellows from institutes of repute.
- Teacher Empowerment Centre to equip, synergize and foster them as active learners.
- Emphasis on employability, innovation and entrepreneurial eco-system through internal and Government support - Atal Incubation Centre.
- Innovative, futuristic and all-inclusive infrastructure with all-round clean & green initiatives that has won many accolades.
- Proactive and transparent system of governance with efficient and effective holistic human development programs in line with Manipal Group legacy.
- Locational advantage of heritage city of Jaipur promoting international student and faculty exchange