Manipal University Jaipur’s Central Library is the hub for information services in the university and serves as a major learning and resource centre. It is a creative and innovative partner in supporting the teaching, learning, scholarship and research activities of the university. With the fast growing collection, both in digital and print forms using the state-of-the-art facilities, the Central library is contributing to our mission of becoming a world class university.
The Central library is located in administrative block building on the ground floor. The location of the central library overlooks beautiful landscape of lush green plants and variety of flowers. The pleasant ambience and the well-furnished well-lighted location create an atmosphere of serenity and thereby inspire the learning and research. Central Library has a spacious reading area of 1838 Sq. meter / 19,785 sq. ft that exudes peaceful learning environment.
The collection in the library encompasses 50000 books of 16177 titles varying in subjects like Engineering, Management, Hotel Management, Architecture & Design, Basic Science & Humanities and also includes reference books, CD-ROMs, VCDs, DVDs and e-resources.
Currently, the library has about 50000 books, 2350 CDs/DVDs and subscribed to 200 print journals and 70 magazines in print and e-resources. Major e-resources such as IEL Online Library, Science Direct, IEEE Explore, ASME, ASCE, McGraw-Hill Access Engineering, EBSCO for Management, Hospitality and Architecture are accessible to the MUJ community from anywhere on the campus.
A separate Digital Knowledge Centre has been established in order to enable the users to browse the e-journals, e-learning materials, digital library collections of this campus and other online journals. This facility is available in the intranet of this campus.
Additionally, departmental libraries are operating in different departments to cater the needs of specific streams like Engineering, Law, Architecture and Design
The library operations and services are fully computerised using latest state-of-the-art KOHA software. The catalogue of the holdings is available 24X7 for online access through the web (OPAC).
MISSION OF THE CENTRAL LIBRARY
The mission of the Central Library is to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources and providing for value added services.
FACILITIES OFFERED AT THE CENTRAL LIBRARY
- Lending service, Reference service, Inter Library Loan
- Current Awareness Service (CAS)
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI) Service
- More than 50000 reference and text books
- Multimedia PCs in the library with High Speed Internet Connectivity for accessing various e-resources
- Online access of 15000 Journals and few electronics database under the Digital Library consortium of DELNET
- DELNET facility promotes sharing of resources among the libraries by developing a network of libraries, by collecting, storing and disseminating information and by offering computerised services to the users and develop specialised bibliographic database of books, serials and non-book materials
- The subscriptions of 270 National and International printed journals and magazines
The holdings of MUJ Central Library are as follows: